Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Takin' Over

The boys and I went out for a little recon mission the other day. I just got tired of waiting for the government to take care of the terrorists. My mule can pick up that camel scent a mile away and it looks like he might be on the trail.

I am having trouble trying to zero in on what to write about next. There is so much material I just can't seem to focus. I occasionally get anonymous posts from those who challenge the veracity of my facts and figures. To you I say, if you don't like it don't read it. You are too cowardly to identify yourselves, so I won't post your drivel. If you have a credible argument, post it so we can all have a go at it. I am not just hard on Democrats, I call out Republicans too.

Political parties are like labor unions in a way. The rank and file membership may not reflect the national leadership. I got a call from the NRCC (National Republican Congressional Committee) the other day and I read them the riot act. They were looking for a donation. I just gave the RNC (Republican National Committee) a donation and they used it to fill my mail box with useless paper requesting more money. After trying to use my hatred of Nancy Pelosi to stir my conservative ire, they posed the money question. I told them to check with the RNC and see if they had any of my donation left. After they pointed up that they were another entity all together, I posed a few questions like, why did you lie down for government run health care? The answer was that they couldn't do much because they were outnumbered. I said no, the real reason is you don't have anyone with brass testicles. But, we proposed our own health care reform bill..... To which I responded, which one of the four areas of the constitution gives you the right to legislate health care reform. It is illegal and unconstitutional. I was yelling at this point and Bebe was laughing. She said, "I don't know why they even call you." The caller was rushing his spiel by now and asked, "What amount can we count on you for?" When I answered zero, the conversation was all but over. The conversation was much longer because I lectured the caller on the record of Republicans in recent years.

Now, that said, I will vote for Republicans because I feel they are the only viable alternative to the totally out of control Democrat Party. I don't think spin off parties can mount a major campaign that will do anything but water down the conservative vote. I will post the Republican record in the next couple of days for the purpose of educating those that don't know what it is. These are the people we need to vote out of Washington. I also told the caller that he had better come up with some young guns to run against the status quo.

They'll probably call back. You can't get rid of them once you give them money. I'm ready and have my facts and figures printed up for the next unfortunate volunteer who gets my phone number.
Politics is not the art of the possible. It consists in choosing between the disastrous and the unpalatable.
-
John Kenneth Galbraith


3 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish I'd been a fly on the wall for that phone call!! I'll bet Bebe was applauding quietly every answer you gave them. Good going! We do the same thing when the Republicans call us. I pity the poor volunteer that gets stuck with a phone call to us.

    I think you're right about having to clean up the Republican party from the inside and not have a 3rd or 4th party. We consider ourselves Liberarian but will vote "R" just to make sure the "D" doesn't win.

    GIVE 'EM HELL HARRY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This past week must of been the week for all of us to receive that call. I thought my hubby was going to reach through the phone and deck the poor caller...LOL

    Why does this post sound SO familar. Hmmmm, maybe it's because my hubby said some of the exact same comments.

    Hoping and praying for a calmer 2010...one can HOPE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too. That would've been great.

    We have stopped giving to any organization that fills our mailbox with too much paper as well. It's ridiculous for them to keep preaching to the choir. And good decision on those cowardly Anonymous commenters who can't take the heat. It's them I truly blame for this mess we find ourselves in as they were part of the uninformed crowd who voted this whacked administration in. That's right, Anonymous, I'm talking about you!

    ReplyDelete

I encourage your comments. Keep the language civil and you will be published.