Thursday, November 4, 2010

I'm Dog Tired.


I don't know about you, but I'm dog tired.  This political season has taken its toll on my energy.  I am a nominal member of the Tea Party movement.  By that I mean I agree with most of their agenda and message, but I'm not a joiner by nature so I don't show up at many rallies.  I admire what these folks from all demographics and walks of life have accomplished and I hate hearing elitist pundits putting them down.

I never watch Don Imus, but this morning I was attracted to the program while channel surfing because of a book he was reviewing entitled "Griftopia".  Griftopia is a new book by Matt Taibbi.  I immediately understood the title having worked in law enforcement for twenty five years, but the young author and Imus thought they should explain the title to the Tea Party crowd.  The short portion of the interview I watched seemed to minimalism the intellectual ability of the Tea Party participants as simple people looking for simple answers to complex questions.  I noticed this same kind of demeaning attitude when the political elite of the Republican party talked about the Tea Party.  Mr. Taibbi circled Imus's question about whether the Tea Party membership was driven in part by racial issues.  This is always the way progressives and academic elitists characterize groups they wish to minimalize.  Our government is the biggest offender when it comes to fracturing our society with its constant use of check boxes to pigeon hole every person in the U. S. into some box based on a variety of groupings.

I wanted to weigh in on the conversation and tell the young Mr. Taibbi that most of us were aware that major banks and huge corporations were stealing us blind on Wall Street with the aid of the federal government.  He seemed to think his recent investigation into the matter was breaking news and if some of us in the Tea Party could read, we might realize what a complex situation we were in.  Well Mr. Taibbi, as simple minded as we are we get it.  That's why we worked so hard to get a strong message out to Washington that "We the People" are steadfastly set on changing the direction of this nation.  We know it will not be easy and our job will continue until many of us have died of old age, but we are awakened and engaged.

We are in tune with letting poorly run and over-unionized businesses and organizations fail.

We are in tune with getting rid of political representatives who will not listen to what the people say.

We are in tune with preventing the Federal Reserve from printing money with zero value to allegedly buy debt to further their incestuous relationship with the government and the mega banks in the name of spurring on business.

We probably have a better understanding of the U. S. Constitution and Bill of Rights than most Harvard trained lawyers and certainly more than most members of our supreme court.

We are in tune with fiscal responsibility and carving off large wasteful chunks of the Federal bureaucracy to save our children and grandchildren from being enslaved to the Chinese communist.

We do know the difference between legal and illegal immigrants and it has nothing to do with race and everything to do with the rule of law.


I've heard recent interviews with president Obama and I can tell you he has no intention of changing one iota of his destructive agenda.  He is the "Racist in Chief" and is out to punish his enemies.  Enemies are all people regardless of race, color, creed, or sexual orientation who do not fall into lock step with his destructive and amoral agenda to destroy America.  Let's keep working hard until he is only a distant memory of a bad mistake.

It was on my fifth birthday that Papa put his hand on my shoulder and said, 'Remember, my son, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arm.'
  - Sam Levenson

4 comments:

  1. There is a general weariness of mind and soul about, but now is not the time to let our guard down. Thank you for all the tough things that you have pointed out on the front page. (People have to dig deep at my blog to find out what I think.) Yes, I've been listening to the president and he does not now nor probably ever will "get it." Can you believe this 2 billion dollar tab for visiting India? What a level of disconnect that man has!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are spot on Vee. Stay home and take care of business here. We can't afford to waste one more unsecured dollar. Pappy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That was profound Pappy. You really are good (sorry, don't mean to embarrass but I'm duly impressed). You expressed my thoughts exactly!!! And Vee above said it best, we must NOT let our guard down. Ever. Not for a moment. Not until we are all forever with our Lord Jesus. Take a nap but then let's get back to the grindstone. Our work has only just begun ...

    So glad we're on the same side. God bless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you enjoyed this post Sparky. I'm a little short on funds this month, but as soon as I get flush I'll send you what we agreed on. :) Pappy

    ReplyDelete

I encourage your comments. Keep the language civil and you will be published.