Saturday, May 29, 2010

Gag me with a spoon

I almost threw up when I heard the President end his endless nothing of a speech about the oil spill with the story of little Malia.  I think the cartoonist has captured the moment with great clarity.

British Petroleum, aka B.P., gave a million bucks to the Obama campaign according to some reports.  I know Oil Producers and others, who depend on government regulators and politicians for permits and exemptions, donate heavily to those who might be elected.  They should be able to see now the money is wasted.

We need to clean house in D.C. and that means everybody.  I intend to vote for candidates who have never spent one day in the U. S. Legislative Branch.  I intend to avoid those with law degrees in favor of those who have been in some kind of business that provides a service or produces a product.

I found a great new political commentary written by Louis la Vache, aka Paul Cruce, entitled Right Turns Only.   Thanks to Paul for many of the clever cartoons and photos I use here on Pappy's Place. (right click on the highlighted title) (a left click will get you nowhere)

The avoidance of taxes is the only intellectual pursuit that carries any reward.
  - 
John Maynard Keynes




3 comments:

  1. When we heard the comment of him speaking to Malasia (or whatever her made up name is), it reminded me of the Jimmy Carter speaking to his daughter moment. Remember the nuclear arms comment? It made the whole nation throw up in our mouths a little. It still does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, he nailed it, but I still think we're better off with this president on vacation than on the job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pappy, thank you for the "plug"!

    LOL: "A left click will get you nowhere."

    One of these days - after it is too late to repair the damage - this country is going to figure out that the 'left click' that put the Marxist Muslim Mulatto in the White House was illegally supplied by Acorn....

    ReplyDelete

I encourage your comments. Keep the language civil and you will be published.