Thursday, January 8, 2015

Winter

It is in the 40's here today, but the windchill is much lower because of the wind.  I just went walking and my cheeks are still burning a little.  I know many of you are in the minus figures today.  I know of no better time to post this poem than now.  I hope you enjoy "Winter".

               WINTER

Autumn’s colored splendor fades away.
It’s coming; I hear the north wind’s song.
Bare branches stand against a canvas gray.
Days shorten; nights become too long.

Cool, crisp, sharp, raw, blue.
Varied harshness marks its passing here.
Weak ones sometimes do not make it through.
At times, it also brings the strongest fear.

Blinding brightness – Snow is on the ground.
Icy crystals bend the straining bough.
Silence broken by its tinkling sound.
Surreal, it manifests its beauty now.

The rudeness of its entrance dims at last
Warming gentle breezes bathe, heal.
God’s paints upon this dismal scene are cast.
From dormancy, a new life to reveal.


 Dennis Price

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage your comments. Keep the language civil and you will be published.