Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Back in My Office


I won't say I was behind, but I almost filled my existing hard drive memory.  I had a 40GB memory and by modern standards I was behind.  So, I had my very talented son-in-law upgrade my computer.  Now I have 30 times more hard drive capacity, and I doubled my RAM.  Aren't you impressed that I can even talk like this.  Three weeks ago I didn't even know what a terabyte was and now I have one.  My three year old grandson can play video games I can't even turn on, but he is trying to teach me.  I am weary of talking about the political scene as it doesn't change very fast, but I am hopeful voters will soundly reject incumbents in favor of new conservative candidates who have skills other than having been to law school.  We have been recycling these dolts for too long.  In Texas we have a long time Republican Senator, Kay Bailey Hutchison trying to leave Washington and become our next governor.  I am amazed at her adds.  I don't think she realizes how little confidence the voting public has in people who have spent the last seventeen years in D.C.  Our other Republican choice is a Latina who thinks the government was responsible for the events of 9/11.  The multiple choices on the Democrat ticket are all, well, Democrats.  Our current Republican governor, Rick Perry, has done a pretty fair job.  It is difficult to whole heartedly back any seated politician, but I like Governor Perry more than the rest.

Every day I am amazed by the stupidity coming from the Democrats.  I continue to say if we had a bipartisan system still in place that offered real checks and balances, we could remove most of the current cabinet including the President for violating the Constitutional requirements related to holding their respective offices.

We need people on both sides who have a solid moral code and a value system that includes following our U. S. Constitution when enacting legislation.  We would then have legitimate checks and balances with both groups putting aside special interests (to include lining their own pockets with tax payer dollars) and doing what is best for the country.  Being bi-partisan in this day and age means going along to get along in spite of how ridiculous and illegal the legislation is.

We need legislation to stand alone on its own merits unencumbered by special interest earmarks used to buy votes from unscrupulous politicians.  These huge bills, which are constitutionally illegal and unmanageable because of their size and the amount of unintelligible legalese they contain, should be totally scrapped.

We could trim huge chunks from government by going to a flat tax and dumping the current tax code along with the thousands of bureaucrats needed to interpret and enforce it.  No American should have to pay experts to prepare and defend their tax contributions.  Everyone should be required to pay the flat tax.

We should embark on an all out effort to prevent illegal immigration into this country.  Other countries have been successful with stringent enforcement standards.  All illegal immigrants should be deported and face severe sanctions if they return without going through the proper channels.  The immigration code needs to be simplified so we can enforce it without another army of bureaucrats being on the payroll to plow through its multiple tomes.

We don't need to be giving anything to other countries until we get our own country back on a solid fiscal footing.  We should not engage in wars we don't intend to win and win decisively.  If a country is a threat, it should be neutralized.  No effort should be made to rebuild one building in these stone aged bastions of ignorance and religious zealotry.

We should pray for a leader talented enough to lead.  One who has some battle scars and loves this country. I think the next time I hear the words; "the first_________ (you fill in the protected class of your choice) to be nominated for __________...." I will automatically reject the candidate.  I would rather hear; "the first candidate to be nominated because of their outstanding qualifications to hold the office.  We need to drop this touchy feely politically and socially correct nonsense in favor of real character and patriotic zeal for our freedom.

The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised.
  - 
George F. Will



That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.  Pappy

10 comments:

  1. I Haven't been by in a while, I have missed your balderdash.
    I love this statement, may I borrow it if I give your credit?

    "We don't need to be giving anything to other countries until we get our own country back on a solid fiscal footing. We should not engage in wars we don't intend to win and win decisively. If a country is a threat, it should be neutralized. No effort should be made to rebuild one building in these stone aged bastions of ignorance and religious zealotry."

    I agree soundly!

    I also got a terabyte just recently. Sounds like we caught an exotic bug, but oh my goodness, It is fast.. I can't keep up with it, it has acted, acquired, accented before I can finish typing.
    have a happy something and hug a Grand for me, your's are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judi,
    I've missed your pithy comments and wit. Borrow away. Have a great week. Pappy

    ReplyDelete
  3. People are so short sighted, they ignore the past, they mistakenly believe people change, they are sottish children.

    Mic. 6:9-16

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good post Pappy. Hopefully, many encumbents in both paries will be seeking gainful employment after the midterm elections.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That final line says it all. Touchy feely "I lurve him" baloney is going to destroy us. And I still say that the media and the education system in this country are at the very core of the problem.

    I have no idea what happened to your computer, but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaron couldn't even teach his poor uncle to assemble a 48 piece dinosaur puzzle without difficulty, much less any kind of video games. Unless they can figure out how to increase the RAM in my brains, I'm out of luck. Ditto on your post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well put Pappy. We are praying fervertantly for the good results this next election.

    I thought a terabyte was a dinosaur? My bad.

    Anyway, nothing pithy from your troublemaking friend just another AMEN and DITTO from this corner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wondered where you were! What is a terabyte? Do I need one!? LOL
    I totally agree with everything you wrote. Keep speaking up,Cuz.
    Love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You said "We need people on both sides who have a solid moral code and a value system that includes following our U. S. Constitution when enacting legislation." thats the problem-anyone who fits that description can't break through all the you know what to get there! It really does seem like they've stolen the whole shabang and locked it up tight. I'm praying the right person has the key.

    ReplyDelete

I encourage your comments. Keep the language civil and you will be published.