Monday, May 2, 2011

Obama gets Osama


Across New York City, joy that 'Obama got Osama'


"Last August, after years of painstaking work by our intelligence community, I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden," Obama said. "It was far from certain. And it took many months to run this thread to ground. I met repeatedly with my national security team as we developed more information about the possibility that we could locate bin Laden hiding within a compound deep inside Pakistan."

Last week, Obama said, "I determined that we had enough intelligence to take action and authorized an operation to get Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice."

"Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan," the president continued. "A small team of Americans carried out the operation with extraordinary courage and capability. No Americans were harmed. They took care to avoid civilian casualties. After a firefight they killed Osama Bin Laden and took custody of his body."

"I've made clear, just as President Bush did shortly after 9/11, that our war is not against Islam," Obama said. "Bin Laden was not a Muslim leader. He was a mass murderer of Muslims. Indeed, al Qaeda slaughtered scores of Muslims in many countries including our own."

By Tom Cohen, CNN

From Audacity of Hope:
 "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in
 an ugly direction."  Barack Hussein Obama





4 comments:

  1. Sounds like more of a brave and skilled soldiers issue to me even if "the man" is taking all the credit as per usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well put Pappy. Obummer is so egotistical, it's nauseating, but not surprising.

    I very much fear this event has sealed our fate. The public may be dumb enough to credit him for the operation. I smell re-election and it smells like brimstone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeppers Pappy...it's all about "I" or "me"..what can you expect...

    ReplyDelete

I encourage your comments. Keep the language civil and you will be published.