Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Littlest Angels

I attended two Christmas programs recently and enjoyed both.  They featured my grandchildren in roles related to the Christmas story.  There was singing and drama and the kids performed with polish and enthusiasm.  At my grandson's school an offering was taken and my grandson shows great potential in this important job.
My granddaughter was in the angel choir and in this picture performs "He's got the whole world in His hands".  She has her arms up and encircling her head to signify the whole world.

In this scene, the angels sing and perform the segment of "Away in a Manger" which says,"...the little Lord Jesus laid down his sweet head...."  My angel is in the middle with her hands forming a pillow.



Accumulating wealth won’t satisfy.
They are not ours these things we seek to gain.
But all are gifts delivered from on high.
And apt to leave us quickly as they came.

So we should love more,
pray more, share more
with our neighbors
as we’re blessed.

Thanking God for all that he has given.
Food and shelter as he sees we need it.
Teaching us the meaning of contentment.
Accumulating wealth won’t satisfy.


Dennis Price

4 comments:

  1. These are the dearest treasures... Thank you for sharing them with us. Have the Merriest of Christmases, Pappy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are near perfect! only God is perfect but they are getting close, you are a great teacher.
    In the blessing I am teaching the kiddos is the phrase "help us bring bread and joy to those who have them not." joy to you because you spread it well. Happy holidays and thanks for the inspirational letter and poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well said. I enjoyed the poem, as it was moving.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks gang. It has been a great Christmas celebration. I'm now ready for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete

I encourage your comments. Keep the language civil and you will be published.